The ideal applicant:
- Shall be an Arizona resident (LAAZ defines residency as anyone who has lived in AZ for at least 1 year regardless of immigration status)
- Shall be a Latina (or female-identifying Latina)
- Be a graduating high school senior or be enrolled in an accredited Arizona college or University
- Shall reflect the core beliefs of Las Adelitas Arizona that values academic achievement, civic engagement, leadership and the commitment to better one’s own community
SELECTION OF THE RECIPIENT
- Only students who have submitted completed entry materials will be considered
- The Scholarship Committee will select the most qualified student in accordance with the award criteria and guidelines
- The Scholarship Committee shall give more consideration to those students who are undocumented
- The Scholarship Committee shall designate an alternative recipient to receive the scholarship award if for any reason the initially-named recipient is unable to fulfill the award requirements in a timely manner
- Recipient of the scholarship will also be awarded a complimentary to Las Adelitas Arizona and will be expected to be an active participant in the organization
- Completed Application
- Personal statement: Describe the world you come from- for example, your family, community or school- tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 20, 2019
If you have any questions or concerns, contact email@example.com.